Monday, January 12, 2015

Cleaning a Stinky Bike Helmet ... in the Dishwasher!

Thought there might be some interest in the method my wife discovered to clean my bike helmets when they get sweaty and gross: the dishwasher!


My helmet now gets washed and disinfected every week or so. It keeps my wife’s sensitive nose happy, and I like having a clean helmet. 

Despite the soaps and high temperatures in the dishwasher, there have been no ill effects to the helmet that I can detect. The padding is still firmly attached to the shell.

To save energy, we don’t use the “dry” feature on the dishwasher, so the helmet air dries after going through the regular wash cycle.

P.S. In response to one question that was asked about this ... No, none of our guests have complained about the silverware tasting funny!

1 comment:

  1. I was searching for decisive information on this topic. The information you have provided in the blog is really important.http://motorcycleroom.com/best-motorcycle-helmet/

    ReplyDelete